By Ahmed Helmy, Copy And Article Writer
Did you lose your job?
Are you unable to live the life you used to?
Are you getting into debt?
Did you have to make a choice between working or quitting your job just to take care of your kids?
Did you panic when you heard your significant other lost their job?
Are your unemployment benefits running out or are they not enough to cover your bills?
Do you have trouble balancing your budget?
Are you struggling to pay your bills?
Did you apply for food stamps or go to a food bank?
Are you getting less joy out of life?
If you answered yes to any of these questions or know someone who might answer yes, please continue reading.
Many people think having security, an enjoyable life, or a lot of money is due to luck, coming from a wealthy family, or having a college education. However, the job market today is very skill driven. Many people who have a job or kept their job during the pandemic, have a specific skill that is needed for a specific industry.
To move forward with your life and career, it’s time to learn a new skill.
Learning new skills is not an option, it’s mandatory to survive. Instead of blaming the circumstances around you, research what you need to learn to make significant income, to help yourself, or to help the people you love.
Getting the skills and income you need will come down to determination and perseverance, not just luck or a college degree.
Here are some in demand skills to learn that can change your life:
Driver, construction worker, grocery worker, fork lift operator, warehouse worker, realtor, nurse, physician assistant, personal care aid, physical therapy assistant, market analyst, computer programing, website design, data technology, cyber security, cloud services, online tutoring, marketing, writing, transcription, virtual assisting, fitness trainer, business development, public relations, art, and graphics.
It’s time to learn a new skill. Don’t wait for more pain and losses. Rescue yourself and your family because you have had enough and you deserve better. Create your own destiny.
Here are some resources to help you take your first step towards learning a new skill:
- Construction apprenticeship programs:
- Fork lift operator, a drivers license is not required, just OSHA certification and the employer pays for it:
- For jobs needed in Philadelphia: https://bit.ly/39xPziz
- Real estate license:
- Personal care aid:
- Free computer programming courses in Philadelphia:
- Free website programming course online:
- Group to help you learn Word Press: https://www.meetup.com/Philadelphia-WordPress-Meetup-Group/
- Penn Cybersecurity Boot Camp:
- Become a tutor online:
- Free course in fundamentals of digital marketing:
- Resources to help learn transcription:
- Virtual assistance/freelancer jobs:
- Public relations mentorship:
- Graphic design with certificate from the University of the Arts
- Free small business development in Philadelphia:
added on 10/11/2022:
- web development classes