By Kayla Rowe
Do you serve as a leader in your community? If so, there’s always room for learning and growth! Being an effective leader requires knowledge of key leadership issues, but also an understanding of yourself and how you can best leverage your unique skills to have an impact on the people around you. Make a commitment to lifelong learning and become the best leader you can be. Below, Pivedite shares some resources to help you get the most out of lifelong learning!
Why Lifelong Learning?
Lifelong learning describes a form of self-guided education focused on personal development. Pursuing learning opportunities outside of school can help you become a well-rounded community leader.
- Studying a topic of interest, such as politics or business, can help you bring new skills to the table.
- Pursuing hobbies in your spare time can challenge your brain in new ways and keep your mind sharp.
- Learning something new is a great way to reignite your passion for leadership.
- Continuously learning new skills and leadership strategies can help you become a more confident leader.
Go Back to School
Formal learning also has its place in lifelong learning. Going back to school is a great way to pursue growth and achieve personal fulfillment by developing new leadership skills.
- You can take a medical coding course online to help serve your community in the medical field.
- Degrees in business and the humanities tend to produce graduates with excellent leadership skills.
- Consider different educational options and find one that’s right for you.
Learn Through Experience
Hands-on experience is by far the best way to learn. If you want to improve your leadership skills, get out there and practice!
- Become a member of a local association, and support a cause that’s close to your heart.
- Ask to take on new leadership positions at work.
- Look for a mentor in your community who can offer guidance as you explore new leadership roles.
Your community depends on you to be a strong and influential leader capable of enacting positive change and making life better for everyone. Lifelong learning can help you become a skilled communicator, negotiator, decision-maker, collaborator, and overall leader for your community!
Pivedite is a nonprofit journalism organization dedicated to informing residents in the Philadelphia region about pivotal solutions to social problems. For more information, please visit our website or contact us today!